Address: Västerport Kalmar
This magnificent town gate is called Västerport (The West Gate) or Högvakten (The Main Guard). Completed in 1658, it was the main entry to Kvarnholmen right up to 1870.
For quite a while a military unit was stationed inside the vault, which nowadays houses a glass manufacturing studio.
The Ravelin bridge over to Malmen was reconstructed in 1997.